Tranquillityite Pendant in Copper—reversible
This tranquillityite is wrapped with copper.
This Tranquillityite Comes From Australia
- Brought back from the Apollo missions from the Sea of Tranquility
- Forms thin stripe up to 15 x 65 micrometers in size in basaltic rocks.
- The analyzed samples from the Apollo Mission had up to 1% of uranium, rare-earth elements, niobium, yttrium, aluminum, chromium, and manganese.
- The uranium is what helped scientists estimate the age of tranquillityite--3710 million years old!
- Terrestrial tranquillityite was found in Australia in 2011.
- Until 2011, Tranquillityite was through to only originate from the moon.
- Tranquilityite was also found in Martian meteorites.
The rocks in Australia where Tranquillityite was found are called dolerites and are billions of years old.
I tested both my short wave and long wave UV lights on this piece and it did not fluoresce so I am not sure how much, if any, Uranium is in this particular piece.